Anglų kalbos pamokėlė nr. 17 PERSONAL QUALITIES2013-02-20 11:09 Peržiūros : 593 Spausdinti
Personal qualities are personal characteristics of an individual. They are what make up one's personality. They help a person get along in a new situation. For example, dependability and patience are qualities that employers would like a good worker to have. Other qualities employers value are: honesty, assertiveness, flexibility, problem solving, friendliness, intelligence, leadership, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor. Most employers want people who are dependable and who get along with others. Though skills are important, an employer will select new employees based on their personal qualities as well.
WORDS AND EXPRESSIONS
qualities - savybės
characteristics - bruožai
personality - asmenybė
dependability - patikimumas
patience - kantrybė
honesty - dorumas
assertiveness - atkaklumas
flexibility - lankstumas
get along(with) - gerai sugyventi
Fill in the gaps with the proper words from the text:
1. Personal qualities are personal _____ of an_____.
2. Personal _______are what make up one's _______ .
3. They help a _______ get along in a new ______ .
4. For example, ______ is a quality employers would like in a good_____.
5. Other qualities _______ value are honesty, _________, and leadership.
1. characteristics; individual 2. qualities; personality 3. person; situation
4. dependability; worker 5. employers; intelligence.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
If we had no faults of our own, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of others. ~Francois duc de la Rochefoucauld